Pull out the blender because it’s smoothie time! Smoothies are an excellent and delicious snack or breakfast and this smoothie recipe is no exception. If you make a smoothie the right way then just one beverage can be jam-packed with nutritional vitamins and minerals; as well as giving you a burst of energy. This recipe is effortless to make and will only take five minutes out of your morning to make, so there is no reason not to try it out.
Tips and Tricks
- In the following recipe, we are going to be using frozen fruit but you can use fresh fruit if you would prefer. If you choose to use fresh fruit instead of frozen, add in a cup of ice to turn your ingredients into a smoothie instead of juice.
- Want to meet your macros or protein intake? Add a couple of scoops of protein to your smoothie. Unflavored or vanilla protein powder is the best one to use for this fruit smoothie.
- If you have never added hemp seeds to your smoothie — here is your perfect opportunity. Hemp seeds are packed with healthy fats like omega-3 and omega-6 which help with reducing cholesterol and blood pressure. Hemp seeds don’t have a distinct flavor so it’s perfect to add to any smoothie for added health benefits.
- While this recipe uses almond milk it is easily interchangeable with any of your favorite alternative nut milk. Besides almond milk oat milk, cashew milk, or even coconut milk will be great alternatives to use in this smoothie.
- Chia seeds are also a great addition to any smoothie. This incredible plant-based protein is an excellent source of fiber, helps to control blood sugar, increases your heart’s help with omega-3s, and is high in calcium. Just like hemp seeds, it doesn’t have a super distinct flavor so it is a perfect addition to any fruit smoothie.
Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Time needed:5 minutes
- 2 cups (283g) of frozen strawberries
- 2 cups (283g) frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- 1 cup (236ml) of almond milk
How to Prepare
- This smoothie is super simple and easy to make. All that’s required is to pour two cups of frozen strawberries, two cups of frozen pineapple, one banana, and one cup of almond milk into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once everything is blended smoothly, pour the smoothie into a glass and garnish with a strawberry slice and a pineapple wedge. That is it, simple and ready to sip!
- 10 oz (2 cups) frozen strawberries
- 10 oz (2 cups) frozen pineapple
- 1 banana
- 8 fl oz (1 cup) of almond milk (more if needed)
- First you need to wash the strawberries. Cut off the green parts and place them in a blender. Cut the pineapple on smaller pieces as well and add them in the blender together with the strawberries.
- Add the peeled and sliced banana and the milk as well.
- Blend it until it’s smooth. Serve it in a jar decorated with pineapple and strawberry slices.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 718Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 161gFiber: 17gSugar: 122gProtein: 10g
Banana Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Benefits
Bananas– bananas help to improve your blood sugar levels, are full of antioxidants, help promote a healthy gut by aiding in digestion, and help you to feel fuller for longer. Bananas are rich in B6, magnesium, Vitamin C, and potassium and are delicious fruit staples.
Pineapple– if you don’t already have pineapple in your diet, then you need to. This super fruit aids in digestion by helping to heal your gut, boosts your immunity, fights inflammation, improves oral health, promotes bone health, helps to keep your blood pressure stable, and so much more! Pineapple is RICH in vitamin C even more so than oranges (move over oranges, there’s a new fruit in town). Not only is it packed with vitamin C it also has, vitamin B6, thiamin, potassium, magnesium, riboflavin, and iron. This super fruit is not one to overlook.
Strawberries– these little pieces of fruit pack a big punch. Strawberries help to protect your heart against disease, increase your good cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, and help to guard your immune system against cancer. Strawberries are also a significant source of vitamin C which helps your immune system fight off sickness. They help aid in digestion and weight loss and are a great way to get potassium in your diet.
Just adding one of these fruits to your diet would support your immune system and give nutrients to your body in an important way. So, imagine just how much you are supporting your body by having all three of them incorporated into your diet! This is where our beloved smoothie comes in so you can sip away, have your body be equipped, and not have to worry about having to meet a quota for how many pieces of fruit you need to eat.